Did you know…
- The spines from the Prickly Pear cactus were once used to play 78rpm records on early gramophones before the invention of steel needles.
- The Prickly Pear cactus secretes an oily fluid during full moons.
- The Prickly Pear cactus is both male and female. It reproduces by the fruit it grows.
- The fruit and pads of Prickly Pears can be eaten, once the skin and prickles are removed. The pads can be cooked like a vegetable and have been used in cooking for centuries.
- However to create one litre of Prickly Pear Oil, it takes approximately one tonne of the seeds alone.
- Prickly Pear Oil contains 150% more vitamin E than than Argan oil.
Our Prickly Pear Serum is sourced directly from an ancient Moroccan family that has passed down their traditional Cold Oil Pressing technique through generations.
Their method enables them to capture the nutrients that are often lost in other production methods
Robert Mars, a co-founder of our company, visits the family on a regular basis.
Visiting rural Morocco as often as he does, inspired him to donate a percentage of our profits derived from the sale of our Prickly Pear Serum to ‘Education For All’, which is a charity based in Morocco established to help provide the opportunity of a college education for girls from rural communities.
Prickly Pear oil from Morocco is known to be far superior to that of oil from Mexico.
Some Prickly Pear oils are masticated to extract the oil, but this dilutes the potency and purity. The PÜRE Collection Prickly Pear Serum is cold pressed.
Cold pressing is much more time consuming and a costlier method but the extra benefits far outweigh that and provide a superior quality of very fine pure oil that is then able to penetrate deep into the skin.